It’s A Fiesta! // Best Healthy Margarita Recipes for Cinco De Mayo
Any holiday that combines tacos and margaritas is one the clover team is here for - and it just so happens Cinco de Mayo falls on a Friday this year. We’ve rounded up three of our favorite (and healthy!) margarita recipes for all your celebration needs. Tequila is the healthiest alcohol after all - just be sure to use 100% agave, blanco tequila. Ole! Healthy ‘Classic’ Margarita // Recipe via Gimme Some Oven
We’re having serious *heart eyes* for this spin on the traditional margarita using green juice. We highly recommend Renew Juicery’s Glow for just the right amount of sweetness. It definitely cancels out the alcohol, right?
- 1 1/2 cups green juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec
- Ice cubes
- Stir all ingredients together until blended.
- Serve over ice in sugar- or salt-rimmed glasses, garnished with lime wedges or slices if desired.
Makes 3 Cups
Cilantro-Infused Spicy Jalapeno Margarita // Recipe via Foolproof Living
Want to add a little spice + mexican flava? Look no further than this cilantro-infused spicy margarita. Cilantro is full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals - it’s basically a super herb. Not a cilantro fan? Swap in cucumber for a refreshing, light taste.
- 12 ounces Powell & Mahoney Spicy Jalapeno Margarita Mix
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped – plus more for garnishing
- 6 ounces tequila
- 1 cup ice
- 1 lime, sliced for garnishing
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced thinly as garnish
- salt, for the rim of the glasses
- Place the margarita mix and cilantro leaves in a large mason jar (or a mixing bowl), cover and let it steep for 2 hours. Drain and discard the cilantro leaves.
- If you prefer, moisten the rim of your cocktail glasses with some lime and dip them in a plate of salt. Set them aside.
- Place the now “infused” margarita mix in a cocktail shaker along with tequila and ice.
- Shake and strain over fresh ice.
- Garnish with a lime, slices of jalapeno pepper, and a few fresh cilantro leaves.
Kombucha Margarita // Recipe via Our Four Forks
Kombucha in a marg? Yep, going full LA with this one. Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it…
- Sea salt or flaky kosher salt for the rim
- 3 oz tequila
- 3 oz fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- Stevia or honey to taste
- 6 oz plain kombucha
- Run a lime wedge along the rim of the glass and dip in the salt.
- Shake all the ingredients except the kombucha with ice in a cocktail shaker
- Add the kombucha and give a quick stir.
- Strain into a glass over rocks + garnish with a slice of lime, if desired.
Which one is your fave? Share your margarita recipes and tag us @cloverpr so we can digital cheers together as we celebrate. Happy Cinco De Mayo!