Insta Boost to Keep Your Insta-Game Strong
Have you become a “selfie” jedi master yet? Or are you the one who feels left out when your friends are talking in hashtags over holidays cocktails? #NBD, we got you covered. In an age where Instagram is king, it’s important to make sure your efforts are being rewarded. Whether you’re starting from scratch or just need a little refresh, we’ve put together these quick tips to help up your Insta game stat!
- Get that bio on lock! // If your bio isn’t straight to the point, the only person who’ll be reading it is your mom (we know, we know...our mom has an Insta profile too :/). Keep it brief and punchy with your bio copy, or you’ll lose them at hello.
- Know your 9’s // The first 9 photos of your feed are all people see when they come to your page, so it’s important that they cohesively showcase your brand’s persona. What are your first 9 images saying about your brand?
- Find your filter // This ties into #2. It’s all about first impressions and if your images look mismatched, your visitor will feel the same. Take a moment to figure out your top filters (no more than 3) and your go-to edits when you want to retouch a photo. This way, you’ll start to create consistent imagery that will resonate with your followers.
- Keep it real, and consistent // You want your posts to sound like they are coming from one brand, not 15 different people. Define your brand persona, tonality and preferred hashtags so your posts flow. Most importantly, update your pages and accounts consistently! If you drop off the planet for 4 weeks, your audience will lose interest.
- Be creative, be you! // Create posts that invite a response from your audience and make sure your content is meaningful, interesting, and worthwhile.
- Keep your headlines catchy and interesting to engage your audience. Show some personality! Ask yourself, Would I share this post?
- Effective communication is absolutely key, and that means reading and responding to the comments other users make.
- Check your stats! See which posts are the getting the most likes, comments, and shares to learn what is most effective for your brand.
With a savvy social media strategy that’s #onfleek, your audience will not only be engaged, but will likely end up doing much of the work spreading your message themselves through shares, likes, comments, and eventually word-of-mouth.
What do you do to help keep your profile insta-famous? Share your tips below!